Quantum Gravity and Noncommutative Geometry
Professor Harms has most recently worked on a comprehensive theory of dark energy, inflation and black holes.
Other recent projects include the quantum description of microscopic black holes and their relation to extended
objects such as strings and membranes, the calculation of
black hole and naked singularity decay rates in large extra dimensions, black hole
decay rates in noncommutative spacetimes, and dark energy as a manifestation of the
Casimir energy of noncommuting, compact extra dimensions.
Professor Harms received his doctoral degree from Florida State University.
1. R. Casadio and B. Harms, ``Can Black Holes and Naked Singularities be Detected in Accelerators? '',
International Journal of Modern Physics A17, 4635(2002).
2. B. Harms and O. Micu, ``Noncommutative Quantum Hall Effect and Aharonov-Bohm Effect'',
J.Phys.A40:10337-10348,2007. e-Print: hep-th/0610081.
3. Roberto Casadio (Bologna U. \& INFN, Bologna) , Alessandro Gruppuso (IASF, Bologna \& INFN, Bologna) ,
Benjamin Harms, Octavian Micu ``Boundaries and the Casimir effect in non-commutative space-time''.
e-Print: arXiv:0704.2251 [hep-th].
4. Marco Cavaglia (Mississippi U.) , Benjamin Harms, ``PP-waves on Superbrane Backgrounds''.
Accepted for publication in Mod. Phys. Letts. A, e-Print: arXiv:0802.4090 [hep-th].
5. S. Fabi, B. Harms, A. Stern ``Noncommutative Corrections to the Robertson-Walker metric''.
Accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. D. e-Print: arXiv:0808.0943 [hep-th].
6. R. Casadio, S. Fabi, and B. Harms, ``Possibility of catastrophic black hole growth in the warped brane-world scenario at the LHC'', Phys. Rev. D 80, 084036 (2009).
7. Roberto Casadio, Sergio Fabi, Benjamin Harms, Octavian Micu, "Theoretical survey of tidal-charged black holes at
the LHC" JHEP 1002:079,2010.
8. Roberto Casadio, Benjamin Harms, Octavian Micu, "Effect of brane thickness on microscopic tidal-charged black
9. R. Casadio, B. Harms, "Microcanonical description of (micro) black holes".
10. Peter L. Biermann and Benjamin C. Harms, "A graviton statistics approach to dark energy, inflation and black holes", arXive:1205.4016 [gr-qc].
11. Peter L. Biermann and Benjamin C. Harms, "A comprehensive model of dark energy, inflation and black holes", Proc. 13th Marcel Grossmann Meeting, July 2012; arXiv:1302.0040.
12. Sergio Fabi, Benjamin C. Harms, and Shaoqi Hou, "Gravity on a Lie algebroid structure", arXiv:1302.0795.