The Turkish Alphabet
- Turkish alphabet consists of 29 letters - 8 vowels and 21 consonants.
- Each letter has exactly one associated sound which never changes.
- Three letters of the English alphabet are missing in the Turkish alphabet:
- There are six additional characters not found in the English alphabet:
- The letters of Turkish alphabet and the sounds associated with these are in the following table:
|(A, a)||(B, b)||(C, c)||(ŽÇ, ç)||(D, d)|
|(E, e)||(F, f)||(G, g)||(Ğ, ğ)||(H, h)|
|(I, ı)||(İ, i)||(J, j)||(K, k)||(L, l)|
|(M, m)||(N, n)||(O, o)||(ŽÖ, ö)||(P, p)|
|(R, r)||(S, s)||(Ş, ş)||(T, t)||(U, u)|
|(ŽÜ, ü)||(V, v)||(Y, y)||(Z, z)|
Downloadable version (docx format) here.