This page acts as our online scrapbook, providing information and photos from/for Golden Key events for 2010! This page will also contain our volunteering programs
Red Cross is looking for volunteers in many ways. They need people to do things ranging from man the phones to serving coffee to responding to disasters.
- They need 2 volunteers Thursday, September 23, at Westervelt in Tuscaloosa from 11:00am until 2:00pm. Contact Sarah McPherson if you are interested.
- Need 1 volunteer Saturday, October 9, at White Oak Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Mantau, AL (Greene County), for a health fair from 10:00am until 2:00pm. Contact Sarah McPherson if you are interested.
- Need 1 volunteer to market Philips Lifeline via phone and company visits 1 – 2 days a week. Contact Sarah McPherson if you are interested.
- Need volunteers to assist Health and Safety department in the mornings with general office duties including answering the phone, filing, and data entry. Contact Sarah McPherson if you are interested.
- Need client caseworkers who can volunteer to work 4 hours a day with office administrative duties for Disaster Services (multiple positions available). Contact Ali Davis-Walker if you are interested.
- Need volunteers for the Disaster Action Team (DAT) responses to home fires, floods, and other disasters. Next orientation is Thursday, September 16, from 6:00 to 8:00pm. Contact Ali Davis-Walker if you are interested.
- Need volunteers to answer phones at the front desk. Shifts available include anytime Monday or Tuesday as well as Wednesday mornings from 8:00 until 10:00. Contact Paul Stewart if you are interested.
- Café VA barista (coffee server) needed for coffee cart program at the VA Hospital. Contact Robyn Alexander if you are interested.
- Volunteers to hand out marketing material in YOUR Local Area. Tuscaloosa, Lamar, Sumter, Greene, Hale, Fayette, and Pickens. Contact Sarah McPherson if you are interested.
Other service projects/opportunities will be posted soon.
Community Service Contact Information
Randy LeStourgeon - Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center: 205-554-2000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica Lea - Red Cross: 205-758-3608 | email@example.com
Henry Lipsey - West Alabama Food Bank: 205-759-5519 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rusty Smith - United Way: 205-345-6640
Beat Auburn Beat Hunger
This drive takes place in every Fall and many organizations and honor societies of both Alabama and Auburn take part in collecting as much food as possible to feed those without food.
This past Fall, our chapter of Golden Key collected 580 pounds of food beating all other honor societies of both Alabama and Auburn. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped out and made this such a success!
As a result we received a plaque for winning our category.
We must strive to acomplish this again this year!