Return to Forensic Home Page ||
Return to Table of Contents
Alabama Department of Mental Health
The Al DMHMR operates 6 hospitals for the mentally ill, spread throughout the state.
for information contact the
Alabama Department of Mental Health/Mental Retardation
- Psychiatrist pay is below the average paid in other states -
the State is currently cutting salaries and not hiring anyone.
I can not recommend employment at the ALDMHMR
- Teaching appointments to medical schools are available to qualified individuals.
- Al has 15 paid holidays per year, 15 days of sick leave, and 15 days of annual leave.
- Malpractice insurance cost is reimbursed
- 5 days paid time off for CME is available
- no patient in the state is treated in a building more than 15 years old