Top ten physics departments in fractional improvement in perceived
quality (NRC 1995)
- University of Texas at Arlington, .365
- Old Dominion University, .312
- UNIVERSITY of ALABAMA, .264
- University of Nevada at Reno, .221
- Colorado School of Mines, .209
- Florida State University, .203
- University of Florida, .197
- Ohio State University, .195
- University of Miami, .192
- Boston University, .192
The data on the 5-year change in perceived quality was reprinted in the
Chronicle of Higher Education, September 22, 1995.
For a quantitative analysis of what it takes to be a top ranked
physics department click here.