- To develop an understanding of the health care field and how the digital
media environment is creating new opportunities for information management.
- To learn to apply the tools of the new information environment, including
advanced Internet use techniques and web site authorship.
- To acquaint the student with information resources and services that are
basic to health sciences information agencies.
- To train the student to select and organize information resources appropriate
for a variety of health sciences information agencies.
- To familiarize the student with basic communication skills for use in health
care information agencies.
- To acquaint the student with current trends in information technology as
they apply to the health care field and the health profession.