Department Video Camera
Before starting, obtain a mini-DVD-R disc from Steve.
To check out the video camera and tripod:
- Ahead of the needed date, reserve the equipment on the calendar in the binder in the main office (on
top of the filing cabinets behind the mailboxes). Robin is a good person to ask for help
with this. Be sure to reserve it under “video camera” and not
“digital camera” as the latter refers to a still photo camera.
- Ask an
office staff member for the key to the filing cabinet where the video
camera is stored when you are picking it up.
- Make sure
you sign out the video camera when you pick it up. There are specific sheets in the binder for doing this.
- Return the
video camera when you are finished.
to sign it back in when you return it to the main office.
Alternative method: Steve has an identical camera and tripod that may be borrowed.
Place the camera on the tripod and secure it with the tripod lever. Make necessary adjustments to the tripod position, but take care not to overtighten the plastic adjustment knobs.
- Plug in the
video camera. Press down the green button and turn the power knob to the right until the green light appears next to the movie icon.
- Open the
DVD compartment on the right side of the camera and insert the mini-DVD (the side with writing faces out). Close the door.
- Make sure that the lens door is open by moving the LENSE COVER switch located on the front of the camera.
- Open the door on the left side of the camera. It should
say STBY in green on the opened screen indicating the camera is in standby
- To record for approximately 1 hour (or more than 30 minutes) make sure LP (“long” play) is displayed on the screen (it should be set up this way, as long as no one changes it – there is a menu you can access to change this setting between LP, HQ, and SP play)
- Press the REC button or START/STOP button to record. You will know it’s recording when it says REC on the screen in red.
- Press the REC button or START/STOP button to stop recording. Close the lense cover before packing the camera
After a recording session, the DVD must be finalized to be
viewed on any other DVD player or computer. The process takes several minutes, but does not have to be done immediately after recording. To finalize a DVD:
- Be sure the camera is on and the disc loaded.
- With the left side door open, press the HOME icon on the touch screen. The icon looks like a house.
- Press the MANAGE MEDIA icon along the bottom of the touch screen.
FINALIZE on the touchscreen.
- When asked if you want to finalize, touch the YES button.
- Once the
disc has been finalized, a message will appear that you can eject the disc and view it on another device.